« Calling all Gardening Enthusiasts «
The fifth spring edition of the Fête des Jardins will be held on April 16 and 17, 2022, on the grounds of the Château de Pommorio in Tréveneuc, a coastal village in the Bay of Saint-Brieuc – Brittany – France.
The theme chosen for this edition is: «The rose » Queen of flowers !
True to its high standards, the Fête des Jardins offers an exceptional collection of nursery collectors, with leading specialists from all over France and Europe who are a reference in their field… English, Belgian, Dutch, French, the cream of the crop of European nurseries (and Breton of course) will be at the rendez-vous. The focus is also on organic vegetable plants with local producers, not to mention fruit trees and small fruit plants, organic seeds, arts & crafts…
You will find the list of exhibitors on the website: fetedesjardins.com
This year’s Guest of Honour is Carolyn Mullet :
Carolyn Mullet is one of the world’s eminent garden designers.
She practiced in the Washington, DC area and received her formal training in residential landscape design from George Washington University. She is the founder of Carex, a garden design and consulting agency, and CarexTours, which annually offers international garden tours for passionate garden lovers. CarexTours quickly gained a reputation for offering some of the best-planned and exciting garden tours in the world. Her book « Adventures in Eden: An Intimate Tour of Private European Gardens » was published by Timber Press in 2020.
Exceptionally , she will be present for the first time in France to share with the public of the « Fête des Jardins « during conférences on the theme of her « Adventures in Eden » in the most beautiful private gardens of Europe as well to dedicate her book ‘Adventures in Eden »
The lectures will be held on Saturday and Sunday at 3 pm. They will be conducted in English ( with the assistance of a French translator) and the projection of photos. Access is free, of course within the limits of available places. All details are on the website at fetedesjardins.com
You are strongly advised to book by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Carolyn will give her name to a rose at a christening on Saturday at 12.00 am !!
The Rose Carolyn Mullet, was obtained by Jérome Chénè, buyer of the exceptional Loubert Roses nursery in Anjou.
It is an old rose ; the bud is bright yellow and when it opens, the rose becomes much paler. It is very fragrant, ascending, with an Empire green foliage very resistant to diseases….
You can reserve them by ordering from pepiniere-rosesloubert.com
So, if you want a particular variety, go to the nurseries websites (listed below), order your seeds and plants and collect your purchases on the exhibitors stands
Program and schedules of workshops and conferences (Saturday and Sunday) :
– Demonstration of a distillery with Terre de Roses, producers of artisanal products made from rose petals in Anjou Website: histoirederose.com/en/
– 11h Conference -Masterclass with Lara Weisse, specialising in permaculture
– At 12pm on Saturday , Carolyn Mullet Rose christening at the Loubert Roses booth
– 2 pm Workshop «All the secrets to prune your roses» with Jérome Chénè on his stand of Loubert Roses ( Please provide your own pruning shears )
– 3. Pm Lecture by Carolyn Mullet « My Adventures in Eden « on the most beautiful private gardens in Europe and dedication of her book « Adventures in eden »
– At 4pm Workshop « Making a wonderful bouquet of roses and / or flowers from his garden, » RDV on his booth with Suzan Cake « The English roses » https://www.rosiersanglais.com
– Braid a basketwork beehive » demonstration by Kristof Leray on is stand
* Plus : garden antiques and a range of designer ornaments, and several professionals for the maintance of your garden, tools, etc
For the children :
* pony rides in the gardens of the château de Pommorio !!!! ( If covid is dead…)
Good Food …
At the garden fair, we like good food, and to prove it we have a catering menu…
After choosing from the takeaway from the caterer « l »Exotique » at Etables sur Mer
And don’t forget, the beer « Fête des Jardins »…. This bear, based on a wild flower, is speciallly brewed by our partner the brasserie La Norde. To taste on the spot, to take away and to consume with moderation, of course ..
To sleep :
Hôtel de la Baie de Paimpol :
3 Route de l’Île de Bréhat, Kervenou, 22620 Ploubazlanec
Téléphone : 02 96 20 97 97
Hôtel LUCOTEL à Lanvollon :
A French Palace with view on the sea , next to the Garden Festival :
Hôtel Ker Moor
At St Quay Portrieux
And a B&B :
Gîte Le Jardin du Capitaine (capacité de quatre personnes) situé entre les Rosaires et Martin Plage à Plérin
et notre chambre d’hôtes La Chambre du capitaine (deux personnes) : une chambre, salle de bains, salon et terrasse
An other good B & B :
La Retenue de Lizandré 22580 Plouha
And you cab have a look on the Baie de St Brieuc Tourism web site : https://www.baiedesaintbrieuc.com
USEFUL INFORMATION :
– La Fête des Jardins, created by Christophe Courcy
– Opening times : APRIL 16 / 17 at 10 am to 6 pm
– The entrance: 5 € (free for children under 16 )
– All the Conférences, animations , worshops are free, for old or young people !!!
( within the limits of available places )
– The place : Château de Pommorio 22410 Tréveneuc on the coast in Saint Brieuc Bay
– Free parking on the castle estate and in the village and parking for disable people.
– Dogs, our friends are welcome but kept on a lead and if they’re not agressive.
– The regulations will depend on the Covid 19 news, wearing a mask may be mandatory
If you are a professional : involved in gardening and wish to exhibit your products, please contact Christophe Courcy :- e-mail address : email@example.com
You will be sent an inscription file with all the details, photos, web site.