« Calling all Gardening Enthusiasts «
The autown edition of the Garden Fair will be held in the grounds of the Château de Pommorio in Tréveneuc (Côtes d’Armor, Brittany), on the October 24 & 25 2020
Visitors, prepare your visit to the Garden Fair !
The exhibitors cannot present their entire production on their stand.
There will be a wide range of all types of plants, trees and shrubs, either for your vegetable or flower garden and the Best Collectors Nurseries !!!!
So, if you want a particular variety, go to the nurseries’ websites (listed below), order your seeds and plants and collect your purchases on the exhibitors stands NEW !!!
The vidéo de la fête des jardins d’avril 2018 …Clic !! https://youtu.be/lpnI-JPXWFU
The theme of this edition will be : Flowers and trees for gardens birds »
With Guilhem Lesaffre as Guest of Honor A former professor of literature, Guilhem Lesaffre is also a confirmed naturalist. His passion for field ornithology, which he has practiced for nearly fifty years, has led him to Europe, North and South America and Africa. In France, he is particularly interested in the birds of the South and those of Brittany, where he resides.He is the author of a few dozen books on birds and nature, many of which have been awarded prizes, including Le Grand Envol (éd. du Chêne) or the Anthology of owls and owls (ed. Delachaux and Niestlé).
A long-time community activist, Guilhem Lesaffre was president of the Centre ornithologique d’Île-de-France.He is now administrator of the League for the Protection of Birds (LPO)
During the two days at 3 p.m , he will give a conference « » Birds of our gardens: knowing them to better protect them « , followed by a meeting with the public and the dedication of his books.
BRETAGNE VIVANTE Association will be present with activities on the theme: Creating the most natural conditions to welcome and protect birds in the garden.
ANIMATIONS BY :
– Animations by Grégory Roche and Sylvaine Alnot of the natural garden « La Pâture es Chênes » in Hénon (22), permaculture gardener, trainer, counselor and lecturer. http://www.lapatureeschenes.fr/
– During the two days on their stand, they will propose you:
* At 11am Demonstration cooking « From the garden to the plate » with Sylvaine
* At 2 pm Conference-exchange « Permaculture in the garden » with Grégory
* At 4 pm : Entretenir un jardin au naturel avec Yvonnick Boutier Eco Paysagiste à Plaintel 22 tél : 06 58 36 35 52 Site : https://www.yvonnickboutier.fr
* Plus : garden antiques and a range of designer ornaments, and several professionals for the maintance of your garden, tools, etc
FOR THE CHILDREN :
* pony rides in the gardens of the château de Pommorio !!!!
and Haloween candies
– Lawena will enchant you « with her harp and Celtic melodies from the depths of time … A bowl of pure Eire! » https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA-nBCgvk_c https://www.facebook.com/france.allart?ref=br_rs
BAR A CHAMPAGNE….
AND GOOD FOOD….
At the garden fair, we like good food, and to prove it we have a catering menu, After choosing from the takeaway , you can eat on the lawns of the Wedding Hall, in the olds stables.
TO RESERVE A TABLE AT THE RESTAURANT FOR THE GARDEN FAIR, PLEASE CALL TO THE PHONE NUMBER BELOW :
And don’t forget, the beer « Fête des Jardins »…. This bear, based on a wild flower, is speciallly brewed by our partner the brasserie La Norde. To taste on the spot, to take away and to consume with moderation, of course ..
TO SLEEP :
Hôtel de la Baie de Paimpol :
3 Route de l’Île de Bréhat, Kervenou, 22620 Ploubazlanec
Téléphone : 02 96 20 97 97
AND A B&B :
Gîte Le Jardin du Capitaine (capacité de quatre personnes) situé entre les Rosaires et Martin Plage à Plérin
et notre chambre d’hôtes La Chambre du capitaine (deux personnes) : une chambre, salle de bains, salon et terrasse
USEFUL INFORMATION :
– Opening times : October 24 & 25 at 10 am to 6 pm
– The entrance : 3 € (free for children under 16 )
– All the animations , worshops are free, for old or young people !!!
– The place : Château de Pommorio 22410 Tréveneuc on the coast in Saint Brieuc Bay
– Free parking on the castle estate and in the village and parking for disable people.
– Dogs, our friends are welcome but keep and a leash and if they’re not agressive.
If you are a professional involved in gardening and wish to exhibit your products, please contact Christophe Courcy :
- e-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be sent an inscription file with all the details, photos, web site.