« Calling all Gardening Enthusiasts »
The spring edition of the Garden Fair will be held in the grounds of the Château de Pommorio in Tréveneuc (Côtes d’Armor, Brittany), on the April 18 & 19 2020
Visitors, prepare your visit to the Garden Fair !
The exhibitors cannot present their entire production on their stand.
There will be a wide range of all types of plants, trees and shrubs, either for your vegetable or flower garden and the Best Collectors Nurseries !!!!
So, if you want a particular variety, go to the nurseries’ websites (listed below), order your seeds and plants and collect your purchases on the exhibitors stands NEW !!!
The vidéo de la fête des jardins d’avril 2018 …Clic !! https://youtu.be/lpnI-JPXWFU
The theme of this edition will be :
» Perennial geraniums « With Honorary Guest Dominique Evrard
A great plant lover, Dominique has had the National Collection of Perennial Geraniums for more than 30 years. In his Garden of Normandy he cultivates them, observes them and compares all the novelties. His critical eye will make you discover the best, whether you have a large park or a small city garden. Unparalleled floor coverings for the full sun or the dry shade, in the massifs or at the feet of shrubs they accompany the scenes of garden from May to October. It is these botanically oriented trips that lead him to the Juan Fernandez Islands, an archipelago off Chile, to Ecuador in the footsteps of Jussieu, or Kazakhstan, the country of the ancestor of all our apple trees. From these trips he sometimes brings back geraniums, conference topics and dreams to be shared. Dominique Evrard is also involved in the CCVS, the Conservatory of Specialized Plant Collections, which labellises more than 350 plant collections in France, and its magazine Men and Plants, thus contributing to the knowledge and preservation of biodiversity.
ANIMATIONS BY :
– Animations by Grégory Roche and Sylvaine Alnot of the natural garden « La Pâture es Chênes » in Hénon (22), permaculture gardener, trainer, counselor and lecturer. http://www.lapatureeschenes.fr/
– During the two days on their stand, they will propose you:
* At 11am Demonstration cooking « From the garden to the plate » with Sylvaine
* At 3 pm Conference-exchange « Permaculture in the garden » with Grégor
* At 2 pm animation on Camille Poulingue stand,Arboriste grimpeur :
take care about your trees ….
* At 4 pm : Entretenir un jardin au naturel avec Yvonnick Boutier Eco Paysagiste à Plaintel 22 tél : 06 58 36 35 52 Site : https://www.yvonnickboutier.fr
Animations sur le stand de SAINT BRIEUC AGGLOMERATION : Do your compost
* Plus : garden antiques and a range of designer ornaments, and several professionals for the maintance of your garden, tools, etc
FOR THE CHILDREN :
* pony rides in the gardens of the château de Pommorio !!!!
and the egg hunt with the Easter Bunny during the two days , RDV at 11H !!!!
Artistic exhibitions in the old chapel:
« VEGETALIS EX VOTO »
Nadine Dupeux and Danièle Orhan Orlick: they cut, they sew, they assemble: one shapes the wild plants, the other size in the web that makes and defeats the living. For the beauty of the gesture, for the beauty of the world. If their work is for men, the work is sometimes daring to challenge the sky. »
-Lawena will enchant you « with her harp and Celtic melodies from the depths of time … A bowl of pure Eire! » https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA-nBCgvk_c https://www.facebook.com/france.allart?ref=br_rs
BAR A CHAMPAGNE….
AND GOOD FOOD….
At the garden fair, we like good food, and to prove it we have a catering menu, After choosing from the takeaway , you can eat on the lawns of the Wedding Hall, in the olds stables.
And don’t forget, the beer « Fête des Jardins »….
This bear, based on a wild flower, is speciallly brewed by our partner the
brasserie La Norde. To taste on the spot, to take away and to consume with moderation, of course ..
TO SLEEP :
USEFUL INFORMATION :
– Opening times : April 18 & 19 at 10 am to 6 pm
– The entrance : 3 € (free for children under 16 )
– All the animations , worshops are free, for old or young people !!!
– The place : Château de Pommorio 22410 Tréveneuc on the coast in Saint Brieuc Bay
– Free parking on the castle estate and in the village and parking for disable people.
– Dogs, our friends are welcome but keep and a leash and if they’re not agressive.
If you are a professional involved in gardening and wish to exhibit your products, please contact Christophe Courcy :
- e-mail address : email@example.com
You will be sent an inscription file with all the details, photos, web site.